Join the CitJos
Become part of a team that is dedicated to getting the news out as you see it.
Or login using twitter
Location: Egypt, Cairo
- a southern Egyptian, Reminiscing old times of former president Gamal Abdel Nasser
- a tourist meditating in a red sea resort. a serene but absurd image , while the country is on fire, others find their way into leisure and luxury
- In the square where thousands of Egyptians gather to protest and voice their political opinion an audience gathers around a performing pantomime . Cairo has been witnessing a large movement of street artists since the start of the revolution
- A protester expresses his support of the revolution with a marionette doll show featuring a Mubarak-like doll.
- As a group of young protesters begin preparing for a sit-in, they are surrounded my military soldiers in Tahrir Square.
- A group of uptowners watches a protest in Tahrir square from a distance. Many have accused the upper Egyptian class of being disassociated with the revolution.
- A young street artist paints a flag on a passerby, for a pound. Last year's spring saw a flux of young street artists offering body art and wall graffiti for some extra change.
- A street vendor, sells flags and revolution related products in Tahrir Square. Since the 18 day uprising that ousted former president Hosni Mubarak, the square has become a center for beggars and street vendors looking to make extra cash
- A young female student from southern Egypt, wearing the traditional head covering with a stylish twist. This new style of covering using more than one piece of material has become a staple of Egyptian life and women's fashion culture.
- Islamists protesting in Abaseya Area infront of the ministry of defense
- Poor and mostly uneducated followers of rejected presidential candidate , Hazem Abu-Ismail, protesting. Supporters place their bid on Abu Ismael and his promises of prosperity and eventually heaven.
- Egyptian students living in rural areas sometimes have to travel over 100 km by train to get to the nearest university.
- Young protestors are showing their patriotism as they would their loyalty to a football club. The Egyptian flag face became a stable in Tahrir after last year's uprisings.
- Top view over Tahrir square Friday prayer
- Police protest , march 2011 policemen marching hand in hand
- man accusing media of being responsible for the chaos happening all over town , man among Egyptians consider the media the main player for the disturbance
- Fishermen dock their boat on the east shore of the Nile, and take a moment to enjoy a cup of tea.
- men waiting inline for job interview
- a one of many protest in Tahrir square
- man sleeping on giant newspaper in one of the tents at Tahrir square
- Cairo at night taken from the roof top of Hilton Ramses , Cairo, Egypt